Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ombre Wetlands!

 
Good morning!  Today over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, we are sharing projects created using an "Ombre" technique. The ombre technique usually refers to hair now a days, but it can also be related to how we color and decorate a card or project.  Ombre, is normally using one color from dark to light.   I had about three thoughts in mind and decided to go with a simple card layout to really show off the detail of the coloring and stamping.

 
One of my newest stamp sets that I just added to my collection is "Wetlands".  This is such a lovely simple stamp set.  So glad I invested in it!
 
With my coloring, I went with the green family.  I'm really looking forward to Spring and Summer with everything is bloom along with nice green grass.  From light at the top to dark at the bottom, I used, pistachio pudding, wild wasabi and gumball green.  To add just a simple detail to my white top layer, I scored two lines on all four sides.
 
I am so glad you decided to stop by today to see my "ombre" project.  Don't forget to leave some "love" before heading over to our main blog to see all the other wonderful projects with our design team members.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ whisper white, gumball green
Ink ~ pistachio pudding, wild wasabi, gumball green

5 comments :

Unknown said...

I love how you did the ombre as an element of the card and not over the whole thing. Different and nice :)

Kathy Peck said...

This is really pretty. The green border really sets off the ombre.

brrenwick said...

This is such a great card! I love the shades of green with the goose...perfect!

Kim Ryden said...

I LOVE YOUR OMBRE! You are so super talented! You rock!!

Melissa said...

This is gorgeous! I love the texture too!