Friday, April 18, 2014

Just Because Non-Stamp Technique Card

 
Its Friday, Friday, Friday! And you know what that means....YEP....you guessed it.  Its eat out night for me and the boys and Mommy doesn't have to cook!  Its the BEST Day Ever!  Another reason its a good day, is because over at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration we are showing you a fun technique.  How to stamp with no stamps.  Its true, it can be done.  I'll show you.

 
A pretty simple layout cause I wanted the detail of my non-stamping to really show and stand out.  I layered the Retro Fresh DSP with some coastal cabana and added a border of ruffled ribbon.  I added a couple of cute banners on the side and scattered some candy dots to fill my corners.  So are you ready to see how I created the background of the flower image?

I did a ink on block technique.  You need a block of your choice, markers and your piece of paper you want to stamp on.

I took my markers and colored directly on the block. 

I turned it over, gave it a huff and stamped it onto my piece of paper.

And this is what it looks like when you lift the block up.  I love how it leaves a watery, bubble look to it.  You could use all one color or as many others as you want.  I just went for three.  I then take a damp paper towel and wipe my block clean.

This is just an up close shot after I stamped the flower image on top.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ baked brown sugar, very vanilla, coastal cabana
DSP ~ retro fresh
Stamp Set ~ Serene Silhouette
Ink ~ tangerine tango, so saffron, coastal cabana, basic black
Misc. ~ long clear block I, candy dots, coastal cabana ruffled trim ribbon
 
I hope you have enjoyed my card and my non-stamp technique.  Leave some "love" and go see what the other design team members have used for their technique.

No comments :